Student Worship- Wednesdays at 6PM in the Student Building
Sunday Morning Bible Study- 11AM in the Student Building
Like, Follow and Sign up for Text Reminders
Leaders and Parents
Leading students is incredibly rewarding! We would love for you to serve students and help them experience God’s grace. To learn more click here to see what the process is for becoming a leader.
Snowbird Fall Retreat 2017- Friday, Sept. 29-Sunday, Oct. 1
Snowbird is located in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina near Andrews, NC. This amazing facility includes, high ropes elements, paintball, hiking, phenomenal worship and teaching, and connection with your heavenly Father. DBC Students have loved going to Snowbird over the years and this coming Fall is another opportunity to experience this amazing ministry.
Theme: In Christ Alone
In light of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation we are focusing our Fall Retreat specifically on the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We want to take this time to look at the uniqueness of the Christian message, highlighting that salvation comes through the preaching of the Gospel through Scripture and requires nothing but faith. This is not a result of our ability to work our way to God, but is solely a work of God’s grace extended to us.
Retreat Dates: Friday, September 29th- Sunday, October 1st, 2017
Departure: Loading vans begins at 4:30pm. Departure from DBC is 5:30pm
Returning: We will be returning to DBC between 1pm and 2pm. Students and adults will text or call parents with a more accurate arrival time while we are enroute. You can also follow us @studentsatdbc on instagram for arrival updates.
Cost: $140 for the weekend.
Cost includes: 2 Nights Lodging at Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters, 5 meals, 4 sessions, session materials and transportation by van. Students will need money for 1 fast food meals on the way back from Andrews, and any snacks, spending money or Snowbird souvenirs, CDs, t-shirts, etc.
Will I need any additional money on the trip?
Yes. Each camper will need enough money for 1 fast food meals on travel days, and any spending money for snacks, drinks, and/or souvenirs, etc.
Is there a dress code for camp?
Yes, Snowbird rules are below. Guys and girls, please make sure all attire is modest and appropriate.
Guys, here are parameters to follow:
- No speedos or anything that resembles a speedo.
- Unless at the beach or pool, wear a t-shirt at all times that completely covers the chest and torso.
- No sagging of shorts, pants or swim trunks.
Girls, here are some parameters to follow:
- One piece bathing suits (no cutouts) OR tankinis that fully cover the stomach (Tankini tops must remain down at all times, if not you will be asked to put on a cover up).
- Stomach should be covered at all times.
- All shirts and dresses should have a modest neckline
- Shorts must have at least a 3″ inseam.
- Skirts and dresses should keep you fully covered when bending over.
Packing List: What do students and adult campers need to bring?
- Bedding & pillow for twin bed
- Towel & toiletries
- Bible, notebook and pen Clothes for getting dirty
- Modest clothes
- Closed-toed shoes
- Extra $$$ for Snack shack, t-shirt, etc.
- OPTIONAL: Paintball gun, Money for extra paintballs, Rain gear, Flashlight
Where are we staying?
Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters
75 Mae Johnson Way • Andrews, NC 28901
What are the accommodations like at Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters?
Cabins with separate rooms that sleep 4-6. Girls and their leaders have their own cabin. Guys and their leaders have their own cabin.
What activities are available for students during free time?
Snowbird Staff will be facilitating activities like the three-man swing, goliath swing, poopie pole, climbing tower and paintball. In addition there is miniature golf, a water slide, hiking, and shooting.
- Girls and guys are not allowed in each other’s rooms.
- Attendance at meals, all group sessions and quiet time are required.
- Students must check in with your assigned adult chaperone every 2 hours, or as directed, FACE to FACE.
- Students should let their Small Group leader/chaperone know where they are at all times.
- Curfews will be strictly enforced and students should be in their own rooms by curfew.
- Cell phones must be turned OFF during worship, large and small group times.
- Respect other’s property at all times, including facility property and furnishings. If you damage any property of the facility, you will have to pay for it. This is strictly enforced by the Snowbird.
- DO NOT LEAVE SNOWBIRD UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Adult volunteers chaperoning Snowbird
- Dennis Tinsley (678) 677-5541 (If you have an emergency and need to contact your student while they are participating at Snowbird, please contact me directly.)
- In addition, we have adults that have been through our background check process that will be serving. Our ratio of students/adults is 5/1 to ensure that we have adults that can chaperone effectively.